Tree Inspections & Reports
J Melton Tree Services Ltd can carry out tree inspections on individual trees and groups of trees to assess risks, identify hazardous defects and assess the structural integrity of the tree. Our services range from preliminary visual inspection to a detailed inspection with decay detection equipment. A detailed written report can then be provided, together with any recommendations, if necessary, for remedial action. Trees are invaluable organisms, especially in the urban environment where trees and the habitat they provide, may provide the only wildlife in an otherwise bleak outlook.
These reports can be used:-
- Satisfy requirements of your building insurer
- Address issues raised through building surveys
- Support an application for TPO and Conservation tree works
- Help the legal liability of tree owners and occupiers of land with trees
- Avoid costly unnecessary tree works
Animals and other microorganisms may live on trees with little or no harm being caused to the tree. Some organisms however have a detrimental affect on the trees health to the point where it may become a safety hazard. Damage caused by these organisms includes foliage dieback, wood and root decay and loss of wood strength.
Other problems trees face in the urban environment include:-
- Excavation and Trenching Through Root Systems
- Drought Caused Naturally During Hot Dry Summers
- Soil Compaction
- The Application of Road De-Icing Salt
- Adverse Weather Conditions
- Previous Poor Pruning Practice Leading to Premature Decline in Trees
Tree owners are usually responsible for any damage caused by tree failure and the courts have adopted the principle that a professional should inspect trees at regular intervals.
J Melton Tree Services Ltd can inspect trees for signs of structural weakness, decay, fungi and health and safety. If you are worried about your tree please contact us to arrange an appointment.